Mealworm Farming Solutions™ is proud to present its patent-pending LIGHTNING SIFTER™ plate for mealworm pupae!
Why use a pupae sifter?
- Mealworm pupae should be separated so they can develop into darkling beetles (commonly referred to as "mealworm beetles") without injury, thereby allowing the darkling beetles to produce more mealworms.
- Picking out mealworm pupae by hand is time-consuming and risks damaging the pupae.
- A properly-designed sifter allows for quick separation with minimal stress to the pupae.
- Using a mealworm pupae sifter is more thorough than hand-separation.
Why choose Mealworm Farming Solutions™ patent-pending LIGHTNING SIFTER™ plate?
- FAST: Our patent-pending LIGHTNING SIFTER™ plate allows for separation of mealworm pupae in a matter of seconds!
- VERSATILE: The 11” diameter is compatible with circular strainers and can also be used with a standard 5-gallon bucket!
- DURABLE: Our aluminum construction is strong and less prone to breakage compared to wood or plastic models!
- FUNCTIONAL: U-bolt handles enable the LIGHTNING SIFTER™ plate to be inserted and removed with ease and allow the unit to be placed on a flat surface without crushing pupae underneath!
- MADE IN THE USA!
I decided to buy this metal sifter plate as it wasn't much more than the cost + shipping of a similar product made with much less durable materials. Seems well-designed and arrived thoughtfully packaged; no sharp edges, missing parts or any other quality issues. Safe to say this sifter plate will serve me for years to come!
The sifter plate fits perfectly in my store-branded 5 gallon buckets, with no gaps around the edges even if I put it in a bit crooked, and the U-bolts make it very easy to remove. The few pupae that fall through the grate are either small or freshly molted. I don't mind hand-picking these pupae, but if your goal is to breed bigger worms, leaving the small pupae behind probably helps with that goal. The sifter tends to catch any beetles in the batch too, which is helpful.
I appreciate Mealworm Farming Solution's care and attention to detail, and look forward to seeing what they come up with in the future. (Additional plates for sorting worms by size maybe? Fingers crossed!)
This round pupae sieve is a "must have" for any mealworm farmer!
Their pupae sieve works better than anything I've tried before. It isn't flimsy like the plastic and wooden ones out there. Those break after a few weeks, but this one is sturdy and will last me a long time!
WOW! Using the Mealworm Farming Solutions round pupae sieve made separating my pupae SO easy!!